Thursday, November 19, 2020

Have you ever wondered what you're supposed to be doing?  I mean REALLY doing. Not just day-to-day life things, responsibilities, or whatever.  But what is your purpose?  Maybe it's because I'm approaching my 50th (FIFTIETH??!!! how the heck did that happen??!!) birthday.  Maybe it's because I've been through a lot and I'm trying to heal and recover.  Maybe it's because I've been married my entire adult life (and then some, ;0) ) and I'm trying to figure out who I am.  And who I want to be.  But, yes, I am actively working to find out who I am and what I am supposed to be doing.  

I briefly saw a counselor earlier this year.  While he gave me points to ponder, I'm not one to report week after week so I'm done.  But, he did tell me that he "not only gives me permission to do some self care, but he gives me a prescription to do so."  

Self.  Care.  

What does that even mean?  I take a shower everyday.  Ok, almost everyday.  😏  I eat.  I sleep.  Not well usually, but still.  

"What do you like to do?" the counselor asked.  "I have no idea." was my honest reply.  He recommended that I spend some time and figure it out.  

That made me really think about what I like to do, might enjoy or want to try.  I signed up for a yoga class, and everything changed. 

<<<this is the post I didn’t finish. Stick around, I’ll tell you what happened. 😊>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment