Thursday, May 31, 2012

Little Mummies

I've decided to make this summer different that summers past.  I want it to be.... productive.  I know, weird, right?  Previously I believed whole heartedly in just letting the little goobers run amuck and entertain themselves.  However, this usually doesn't end well.


So, because I stopped homeschooling in January, I still have tons of super fun stuff I had planned for the second half of the school year.  "Hey!"  I thought.  "Why not USE that stuff to keep the punks busy and learning through the summer.  AND, lose some guilt about the money I spent on curriculum that is sitting on the shelf collecting dust."  :0)


Well, PROJECT #1
Egyptian Mummies


First they colored while I read a bit about mummies.  I don't know about your kids, but with mine, if their hands aren't busy, their ears don't work.  



Punk #6 coloring
 "Stained Glass" pictures


Even the teenage girl joined us.  :0)



So after they finished coloring
and I finished reading,
I thought it would be fun to
mummify the children.
Doesn't he look eager?




I know, he looks less than thrilled, 
but trust me, he was loving it!



See?  Happy little mummy.



Of course he had to look
somewhat zombie-fied
as well.





All of a sudden, my punk says,
"Mommy, I don't feel good!
I need out of this!"
I let him unwrap immediately.
Right after I made him pose
for one more picture.



I was doing my best to convince him
everything was okay, and 
he was NOT going to get sick.



Poor kid couldn't tear that one-ply
toilet paper off fast enough!



Notice how pale he is?
Even his lips are white.
Poor baby!

                 
                                Before                                  After!

Something tells me he will
NOT 
want to be a mummy for Halloween.



But, none of that scared Jay in the least.








You can see Jared lying on the couch
in the background.
Recuperating.



His best mummy face.



Time to rip it off
and watch 
the Mummy Episode of
Phineas and Ferb.

So, the next time you feel the need to waste 4 rolls of perfectly good toilet paper, go ahead and teach your punks a little bit about mummies and wrap 'em up!

WARNING: May cause unexpected nausea!



No comments:

Post a Comment